Transferring 1200 degree fah. on a conveyor belt

(-----) 2006

What material can I use to hold parts that are at a temperature of 1200 degrees fah. The parts have to be conveyed to cool off with a water spray.

Chester Stump
Metal Edge - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
^

2006

OK, I give up. What are you doing this for?

^

2006

I used to extrude aluminum onto a run-out and transfer table made of solid graphite block. The al. was almost 1000* when it hit the table, I'm sure it would withstand 1200*. I don't know what the industry uses now.

Sheldon Taylor
Sheldon Taylor
supply chain electronics
Wake Forest, North Carolina

^

2006

Yours is a matter of a simple heat transfer analysis. Since we don't have the details you'll have to figure out the final design. How much mass of hot aluminum is involved versus how much mass (thickness) you can have in your table. How much time elapses between each run to let the table cool down. Any steel can withstand that temperature for a short time, but I would consider stainless steel to avoid rust since there is water involved. Thickness of the SS to provide necessary stiffness would depend on the above factors.

^

2006

Check out heat treat furnace belts. Try searching on the internet, there are several companies that make furnace belts...

Kevin W. Gallich
- Freemansburg, Pennsylvania, USA
^