Selective nickel plating of steel

(1999)

I am looking to put a finish on a nickel plated steel item these items are very small and I only want to mark part of them. I want this not to wear off with moderate friction and not to change the characteristics of the item i.e., not build up or wear down the size.

I have a pattern on my design and can send out photos and some specifications to people who think that they can manufacture these for me. I anticipate needing a large quantity done and likely repeat business if the test marketing is successful.

Thanks for your help, I know my product but am ignorant of finishing options to accomplish my new design.

Kathleen

Kathleen Raft 

(1999)

Good Morning , You have not specified the type of nickel finish you are looking for , bright / watts / satin , etc.... If satin / watts nickel will do the job , I suggest you look for industrial / aircraft plating shops that have rack lines with masking capabilities. You should be able to locate a few companies thru the directory on this site. Masked bright nickel is much less common , and may take more effort to locate a supplier / vendor. Hope this helps , Ron Landrette

Ron Landrette
plating equipment supplier - Bristol, Connecticut