-----

"Wire cut process leaves poor surface finish on cameras"

2005

I am an Engineer working in a company manufacturing industrial digital camera enclosures. We are very much concerned about aesthetic aspects. My problem is after wire cut process I found wire mark will be there, which is due to power failure. I have many components with this defects. Even after glass bead blasting I was not able to remove that mark. After anodizing that mark is visible.
Material used: Aluminum 6351 He30 T6

Pramod P T
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
^

2005

Describe the configuration of the part and where the mark is located and how the big is the part. That will determine the process to be used. Also, I suspect this is a limited rework quantity?

tony kenton
AF Kenton
Hatboro,
Pennsylvania

^

2005

Dear Sir,

It is a hollow component with overall size, 65mm x 65mm x 75mm. And thickness is 3.5mm

The component is not exactly in rectangular shape. One surface is in curve shape which is 75mm height. Mark is visible in that surface. All outer surface corner radius is 5mm.

Quantity: 50nos.
Material: Aluminium 6351 He30 T6
Final Finish: White Anodizing

Pramod P T
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
^

2005

Read provided info. If this is corrective action only on limited parts, I suggest you use a small Dremel [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] type hand held drill with a polishing bob. You should be able to reach "One surface is in curve shape". Depth of mark will determine the coarsness of what bob/disc you use. If you have this problem on a continuing basis, then I suggest a small mass finishing machine about 1/4 cu.ft. and media depends on depth of mark again.

tony kenton
AF Kenton
Hatboro,
Pennsylvania

^