-----

"Unit of scale number in Abrasive Jet Maching Tools"

2005

Dear Friends,

I have a SWAM-Blaster ...( an Abrasive Jet Maching system from Crystal Mark Inc.)

I want to use it in my experiment....

The is a 'Powder Flow adjusment' knob....with scale number from: min,1,2,3,....7,8,9,max

I need to know what this numbers mean....I need to know their unit/dimension....

I confuse where to put this number in my calculation... I want to figure out the velocity of abrasive particles which come out from the nozzle...

If anyone have the same equipment...or have knowlegde of this thing...please help me...

I have email the company, but they have not given me the exact answer...

Thank you in advance...

Best Regards

Agung Shamsuddin
Microfabrication Lab. Yeungnam Univ. - Gyeongsan, South Korea
^

2005

Unless someone gave you the system, I wouldn't have bought it, without an instruction manual and technical support. Why would you buy such a piece of equipment?

tony kenton
AF Kenton
Hatboro,
Pennsylvania

^

2005

Yes sir, poor me....

It's already there before I join this lab.

and now I have to figure out how to get the value of velocity of this system...

do you know any extenal equipment who can measure velocity on small nozzle with diameter less than 1mm...?

Thank you for your response...

Agung Shamsuddin
- Gyeongsan, South Korea
^

2005

Again, I suggest you go back to the manufacturer of the equipment. If that info is not available, most mfr's of blast equipment have table info available for pressure vs orfice. Lastly, there is a company formerly known as S.S.White in northern N.J. that makes small pencil type blast equip who might be able to help you.

tony kenton
AF Kenton
Hatboro,
Pennsylvania

^