-----

"Brass paint, heat resistant"

2005

Can you tell me where I can find brass paint that is resistant to heat for my fireplace screen and shield?

35944

Iris Sechriest
- Forest City, North Carolina
^

2005

Hi, Iris. Unfortunately, your photo is out of focus so I don't have a good appreciation of what the finish looks like; but I don't think you'll find a heat resistant brass paint. If the fireplace will be used, take it to a brass plating shop. If not, you can get a brass paint [ Metallic Spray Paint gilded brass [affil. link to info/product on Amazon]] that will look at least vaguely like brass plating. Good luck.

^

2005

Dear Ted, Sorry about the picture.
Okay, I'll ask something else. I live alone and can't dismantle my screen. I don't have to use a brass finish. I can be different. Is there any other high temperature paint [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] I can use to cover the brass? If not a metal color, (i.e. copper and etc.) I simply don't care if it is white.

Iris Sechriest
- Forest City, NC USA
^

2005

Your local Lowes has heat resistant paints, both brush-on and aerosol which resist high temperature.

Jeffrey Holmes, CEF
Spartanburg, South Carolina
^

2006 ++++++ -- this entry appended to this thread by editor in lieu of spawning a duplicative thread

I have a custom sized brass fireplace enclosure that is in sad shape. I have black spots on it and I really do not like brass to begin with. What type of paint can I use, if any, to paint this? I realize that the paint needs to be heat resistant and I am open to any type of colour and/or finish. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kelly Green
hobbyist - Toronto, ON, Canada
^

Ed. note: Hopefully the answers above will suit your needs, Kelly. If not, get back to us. Good luck.

your name here