-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Zinc types and their abundance"

2005

Ok, I'm am a student working on a project about zinc. When I go to some sites it says that zinc is abundant, basically in everything- air, water, us, food. While other sites say that zinc is soooo rare and is only found in some locations, but not in abundance. Why are sites saying the opposite of each other. Are the zincs they're talking about in different stages or all togther different? can you explain it to me?
from,
a confused student

Jessie
student - Ontario, Canada
^

2005

Jessie,

Zinc is the 23 most abundant element in the Earth's crust. It is also the fourth most common metal in use (following iron aluminum and copper) in tons of metal produced per year. Consequently, there is a whole bunch of zinc around you in everything from paint to deodorant to your parents car.

Trent Kaufman
Trent Kaufman
   electroplater - Galva, Illinois
^