-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Where is the best place to buy a plating line, can it be done for under $10,000?"

2005

I am wanting to start a decorative chrome plating line. I need to find out who provides the best plating line equipment. I want to run an e-nickel, with a copper strike and bright acid copper. I am also looking to run with 2 nickels with a durnite nickel. I am trying to keep the equipment under $10,000, is that possible? Also who is a good chemical provider?

Kevin R
private - Irvine, Kentucky, USA
^

2005

I think you could get a small system in that price range. However, if you invest that money, you probably hope to recover it through sales, in which case you become a business not a hobbyist. While you may "stay off the radar screen" of the regulators if you are small enough and you stay lucky, you actually will be part of the electroplating industry, our nation's first EPA categorically regulated industry. The number of permits you need is numerous, and just the fees and testing could run $10K; just the chrome ventilation and scrubbing system could run $10K; just the wastewater recovery could run $10K . . .

^