-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Clearlyte deposition process"

2005

I am a researcher using Clearlyte urethane lacquer from Enthone. Its purpose being to provide a insulating dielectric layer for my device that is made of thin film silver on silicon.
I am targeting a layer that is uniform, non leaky and 30 microns thick. I have tried using a mixed ratio of Clearlyte of 4:7 i.e., 4 parts of Clearlyte to 7 parts of Deionised Water. The coating voltage is 20 volts and the temperature is around 25 °C.I cure it at 160 degrees for 20 minutes.
Unfortunately the coating is patchy and isn't uniformly thick. It also leaks electrically, thus defeating its purpose.
Kindly advice on optimising the method. Please suggest tried and tested process parameters.

Vikas Reddy
Bioengineering Research - Singapore
^