MOTHERS GUN BLUING OIL?

(2005)

Q. DO YOU HAVE OR CAN YOU PLEASE LOCATE "MOTHERS" GUN BLUING OIL?

KEVIN L [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
JEWELER - MOSCOW, IDAHO, UNITED STATES

(2006)

Q. Hi I would like to buy some Mothers gun bluing but I cannot find it anywhere; can you help me?

Cory A [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Camas, Washington

A. Hi, Kevin, Cory. Is there a reason you need to use 'Mothers brand gun bluing' when there are several other brands around and no one seems to know where to get it, or if the product even exists? What is so special about it that you need this one particular brand when there are a dozen readily available brands? Thanks!

(2006)

Q. I have a friend who tells me Mothers brand gun bluing is the best on the market. I have not been able to find it or even anyone who is willing to admit it ever existed. Please help me with this search or at least let me know if I'm chasing my tail. Thanks, Jim.

James S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Wheeler, Wisconsin

Birchwood-Casey Gun Bluing

A. Numerous Mother's products show up immediately in any search. Numerous gun blues show up immediately in any search. But the combination, Mother's gun blue, doesn't.

In fact this thread is number one on google and remains unanswered. That's enough evidence for me that it doesn't exist, if it ever did, but I can't prove it. Ask your friend to show you the bottle, or tell him if he was a real friend he'd give you some for Christmas :-)

(2007)

Q. Where to buy mothers gun blue.

ROBERT S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
HOMEOWNER - Mesa, Arizona

(2009)

A. Hi, Robert. This thread has placed #1 on google on this subject for 5 years, while going unchallenged in the claim that such a product doesn't exist. Please settle for another gun blue or tell us why you feel you need this apparently mythical product :-)

This "Mothers gun bluing" everyone is asking about is used (or so I've read) by Meth cooks. Used to make "ice", not really meth. This is from a website for cooks; or should I say basement chemists:

34769ext
marlin man Wednesday, 1/11/12, 7:16 PM

It's made by mixing 1) [deleted by editor] 2) [deleted by editor] and 3) gun bluing ... in equal parts. Then the mixture is buried in a sealed fish tank or cooler. Some recipes call to suspend strings from the top of the container into the mixture (hence the occasional name "string dope"). Then wait a month. By then crystals will have formed; the crystals are [meth] ice. However, this is not really meth; it's alive. It is a fungus that keeps growing inside your body long after you ingest it (by shooting or smoking). That's why addicts scratch and get open sores; it's the ice forming new crystals in a person's skin. These are called "meth bites." (locally, "ice bites" - assonance is important to addicts, too) ...

David Casse
- Reading, Pennsylvania, USA

Methland

Hi, David.

We deleted a little bit because we don't wish to spread a meth recipe.

"ice bites -- assonance is important to addicts, too" -- Are you saying that assonance is important to everyone, and that includes meth addicts? Or are you implying that addicts have a special love of assonance as well as a love of meth?   :-)

I don't know if they prefer it or need it! I was just reading about it! lol

(learn something new everyday!)

david casse [returning]
- reading, Pennsylvania usa

Assonance

Yes, we learn every day. I might possibly have learned about assonance a million years ago in school, but had no idea what it meant when I saw your posting, and had to look it up. So thanks. I now realize that the reason I like one of my long-time favorite song lines is probably because of its assonance:

"Like the pine trees lining the winding road"
-- Jim Croce, I Got a Name

Q. Hi. I've been trying to find this product; I've been reading all this crap about drugs on this product. My father and I have used this product on our guns since I was 5 years old he was army (green beret special forces) 2 tours in Nam purple heart etc ... raised me since I was 3. We collected various guns growing up restoring them, etc ... I like to use what I've always used. Dad passed away 5 and a half years ago and his sister, whom I've seen a total of maybe 5 times ever, got to his house in Ga. before we could get there from Mo... and locked everything up, loaded it up, and hauled off everything I knew as a child growing up -- my whole family's memorabilia of sentimental memories collected throughout 25 plus years of my life; it's more a memory trigger of my favorite past times. I recently started collecting and restoring guns again since he passed away and I would like to use this product because it's what I've grown up using and it carries very sentimental memories. If this is no longer a possibility then I hang my head in hate and despair to the dumb f*#ks who caused this to be just a fading memory.

William Roe
- Miller Missouri U.S.A.

Hi William. Sorry for the loss of your father and your family memories. Mothers Gun Blue has apparently been unavailable for a very long time. It might have something to do with its use in making drugs, but maybe not -- lots of products become unavailable over the years. The name was apparently deemed 'abandoned' by 2011.

34769

Q. for David Cases: My sister has been on meth for a few years, she smokes it, her face has never broken out. She went out of town and did some and for 3 months has huge sores. She does not pick and has been treated for everything by a doctor. Is there a way to get rid of meth Bites from dope made with Mothers Bluing?

Joy Allen
- Lockhart South Carolina USA