Chime right in! (a "no registration" site)

-----

"Info about FED STD 595 and RTCA DO 160C"

2005

Can you send the details..specifications of FED STD 595 And RTCA DO 160C.

Prasanna Chandran
Data Patterns India Pvt ltd - West Mambalam, Chennai, India
^

2005

Prasanna, the short, rude answer is "No".

The longer, more civil answer, explains that Fed-Std-595 is a document that defines colors, and does so by incorporating many color chip samples. As such, it is one of the very few US Federal Standards that are NOT available online, for good reason. Think about it- will my inexpensive, low grade monitor render a specific shade of orange exactly the same as your high priced, high definition monitor? Of course not. So if the color standards were published on the web, they would only cause anarchy- for noone could be sure what color 22510 Orange was. In any event, unless you are doing US Government work, you'll likely have to BUY the document from any of several suppliers like Global Engineering Documents, or ILI Documents, or Techstreet, etc. If I were you I'd likely start with www.standardsindia.com, unless Ted has a preferred supplier!

DO-160E, Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment, is the latest version of DO-160C. The C rev was only current from 1989 until 1997. You can certainly BUY the new one from the Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics, at the very obvious www.rtca.org. The direct web address is http://www.rtca.org/downloads/DEC%202004%20-%2005-01-06.htm#_Toc92864028. You'll notice they don't seem to offer the old revision, but still you might be able to BUY it from them. Send them an e-mail and ask.

In any event, I found out these things with just a couple of words typed into Google, and a few quick clicks. I assume you could have done the same, and gotten your answer far sooner. Good luck!

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist - E. Aurora, New York
^