Analysis of Hydrofluoric Acid

(-----) 2004

I need a way to test for Hydrofluoric Acid. Tri-acid Etch. I have a determination for Nitric acid and Hexavalent Chromium Determination ....?

Dr. Michai Hill
Scientist - Pensacola, Florida, US
^

2004

You can use a sophisticated selective ion electrode method, or you can titrate with a cerium salt standard or you can do a total acid titration and subtract the other acid amounts. None of the methods are extremely accurate. the cerium titration is quite repeatable, but is slightly radioactive which might be a major problem. I would talk to FL DEP in Pensacola before I jumped into that one. The selective ion electrode method is subject to operator influence. It took a while to develop a suitable method, but then was quite repeatable.

^

2004

Machai..go to the search function of the homepage of this site and search on "hydrofluoric analysis"

Douglas A. Hahn
- Rocky Mount, North Carolina
^