How do I clean hardened epoxy off steel surface?

(-----) 2004

I'm trying to find a way to clean/remove hardened epoxy off of my cold-rolled steel rack. I have several of these racks which are used to hold stator coils and they get dipped in an epoxy solution and then baked at 260F for 1 hr. Unfortunately, the racks which hold the parts also get baked in the process and over a few days time, the epoxy that sticks to the rack every time while dipping, hardens and starts forming a residue on the steel surface of the rack.

Please offer sugestions - I'd prefer blasting techniques (not sure which media might work best), but ideas for safe chemical cleaning techniques are also welcome.

Vish' Godavarty
process engineer - New Comerstown, Ohio
^

2004

More under the heading of a non-safe chemical technique is methylene chloride. The stuff is vicious but does dissolve epoxy eventually. Be sure to read up on it before you try to use it.

Tom Gallant
- Long Beach, California, USA
^