Sodium Dichromate Concentration Determination Question

(2004)

I was hoping you could help me with a question about a test procedure. Our test procedure for our Sodium Dichromate seal tank gives us a good titration method. However, as we come to the calculation of concentration, it does not go into detail. It asks to "compare the total number of mL of solution required to titrate the sample with the ideal number of 11.0 mL". Then it goes into detail of adding so much volume of DI water or solution to the tank per every mL over or under the ideal number of 11.0mL. It, however, does not state the actual calculation of the concentration. Am I missing something this process is infering? Please help, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Noel Yang
plating shop - Oldsmar, FL, USA

(2004)

We could probably figure out what's going on if you would give us the details of the titration (chemicals, concentrations, etc.)

James Totter
James Totter, CEF
- Tallahassee, Florida

(2004)

Basically, I would like a titration procedure for the analysis of sodium dichromate. The titration procedure above was only giving me the calculations for additions and not for the actual concentration determination. I know there's a two part analysis; sodium dichromate and nitric acid. If you could help me in any way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Noel Yang
finishing - Florida