Antiquing Paint

(1999)

Am looking for paint-on antiquing paint to use on wood. Sears used to sell a product, but does not anymore. Yes, realize it is "fake," but still am looking for it. Want to change a natural dark wood to a white oak antique look. Can anyone recommend a product?

Zack Forester
- Tuba City, Arizona

(1999)

You can still find books that tell you how to lime raw oak, which is still one of the most attractive finishes. -tom

tom pullizzi portrait

(1999)

I too am looking for an Antiquing kit. I used to see them in hardware / lumberyard stores about 20 yrs. ago. Does anyone know where I can purchase them... or how I can order one.

George Seed
- Lawrenceville, Ga.

(1999)

Try Home Depot.

(2002)

I HAVE AN IRON BED THAT HAS BEEN IN THE FAMILY FOR FIVE GENERATIONS AND I WAS WONDERING WHERE I CAN FIND PAINT FOR IT AND WHAT KIND OF PAINT SHOULD I USE FOR IRON. THANK YOU....

Susan Bainey
- North Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

(2004)

Hello; I too am looking for a antiquing paint. In Calif. Standard Brands sold a product called Creative Antiquing Toner in light & dark finish. The address on the can is Creative Products Company, Carson CA 90749-6244. There is no telephone # listed for this company. I have tried many other products including Home Depot. None would compare to this finish. If anyone has a product to antique wood please let me know.

John Wieber
- Marysville, California

(2004)

I did that a few times long ago too. As I recall you painted the furniture with a stain and then rubbed a brownish translucent solution over it to give variegated patterns.

That finish isn't "in" at present, I guess, so it's a bit harder to find. But I think the name has changed too. If you search for 'faux finishes wood' rather than 'antiquing' I think you'll meet with more success.

(2007)

HI FOLK,MY NAMES IS CANDY HOLLEY AND I LIVE IN THE COLORADO MOUNTAINS WHERE WE LOVE THE ANTIQUE LOOK AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT REFINISHING KITCHEN CUPBOARDS IN AN ANTIQUE MANNED using GRAY PAINT AND AN OIL-BASE STAIN I HAVE DONE IT ONCE TWENTY YEARS AGO AND WOULD LIKE TO HELP A SINGLE MOTHER DO HERS WITH OUT MUCH COST INVOLVED.THANK YOU.CANDY HOLLEY FROM GRANBY COLORADO.

Candy Holley
Hobbyist - Granby, Colorado

I, too, am looking for this 70's-80's antiquing kit. I used it years ago, and loved the effect. Now I can't find anything like it.

Ann Heggemeier
- troy, Illinois usa