Home

SEARCH🔍
no_pop_no_spam2

World's top finishing resource since 1989
Chime right in - No login req'd

Increasing the size of Copper Oxide precipitation from etchant treatment

2004

In my copper etchant treatment process, I use caustic solution and steam to treat the etchant solution in order to recover copper oxide. But, I found that the fineness of the precipitated CuO varying so as to influence the dewatering efficiency. I would like to know what is the critical parameter or operating condition to get a bigger size CuO.

Mike Yu
copper oxide recovery from etchant - HongKong, GuangDong, China

2004

You don't say what your etchant is, but you seem to be operating your treatment system the opposite way that some shops would. One way of working with sulfuric acid / hydrogen peroxide based copper etchants is to use them hot for etching and then refrigerate them so the copper salts precipitate out. You can filter out the crystals and then reheat them.