-----

"Source for dental lathe buffing supplies"

2004

Some years ago I ordered buffing supplies regularly for my Baldor 3/4 horse buffer from Chas. LaHommedieu Co. I think it was located in Chicago or somewhere in the Northeast. Is it still in business and what's a phone #?

I now have a 1/2 horse Baldor dental buffer with a tapered spindle and I need buffs and compounds for this machine. I'm looking for a good supplier.

I had a rubber expanding wheel from Eastwood Co. that I used on the 3/4 horse machine--is there anything similar, perhaps a bit smaller that I could use with the 1/2 horse machine? The bigger machine had 3/4" shafts--the Eastwood expanding wheel just seems like it would be too much for the smaller machine. I'd appreciate any help.

Dan Smith
hobbyist - Wichita, Kansas, USA
^

2004

Chas. F. L'Hommedieu was indeed on Ogden Ave. in Chicago. I always hesitate to say a company is not in business when I don't know it for a fact, but suffice it to say I haven't heard much about them lately and will be happy to announce otherwise if I am corrected.

Although Jackson Lea has some very heavy-duty buffs and equipment to serve industry, they may have smaller stuff as well.

^

Try hardtofindtools.com

Don Nevin
- Woodbury, New York
^