-----

"Coating Peeling from Stainless Steel"

2004

I am having problems with a phenolic resin teflon coating called Emralon 330 peeling from the surface of 430 Stainless Steel. This coating has worked for me in the past without any pre-coating surface prep. for adhesion. I'm looking for the root cause of the flaking. Itis difficult to tell if the substrate was prepared properly after the fact. Also, I'm concerned that the coating may have come in contact with any chemical compounds that may have broken it down to cause peeling. Any suggestions?

Fred Kobler
Coating 430 Stainless Steel with Emralon 330 - East Aurora, N.Y., USA
^

2004

Dear sir,

It seems that your steel structure is expanding in the heat and retracting to original size when it cools? so this stress causes paint flaking.

Dinesh
- Chennai, India
^