-----

"Electrical conductivity of a zinc plate finish on mild steel"

2004

I am trying to find out the electrical conductivity of a Zinc plate and clear Passivate finish on mild steel. I would like to compare this against the electrical conductivity of stainless steel. Our enclosures are currently made from stainless steel and we would like to change material to mild steel with the zinc plate finish. I need to know if putting the zinc plate & clear passivate finish onto mild steel drastically effects the conductivity of the material opposed to that of stainless steel.

Andy Barnes
Design of Electronics Enclosures - Southampton, Hampshire, UK
^