-----

"Home Powdercoating Gun/Powders for DIY Small Projects?"

1999

I was watching television yesterday and saw a show about classic automobiles. One of the segments was on a new product - a simple powdercoating gun and powders that could be cured in temperatures generated in a home oven (of course not one you're still using to cook in)... I didn't catch the name of the product or company that made it, but am interested in finding out more about this, it seems it would come in useful as I am in the process of restoring several motorcycles and powdercoating would be a nice touch. Does anyone know of this product or any other do-it-yourself powdercoating equipment? Thanks, Chris

Chris Melancon
- Shreveport, Louisiana
^

1999

I saw an affordable unit advertised in one of the hot rod magazines a few months back. Also saw one demonstrated on a TV car restoration program, a hot rod.

^

1999

Found it... just one more day of websurfing... this product is called HotCoat. For those curious, from what I found out the gun is made by the Eastwood Company sells for about $150 and powders for about $11 each.

The coat cures in a regular oven (though you wouldn't want to use your kitchen...) at 450 degrees, and is comparable quality to a professionally done job... nice for small projects IMHO I intend to order one sometime soon (as funds permit) and if I do I will try to remember to report back with my impressions.

Thanks, Chris

Chris Melancon [returning]
Shreveport, Louisiana
^