Restore patina on Copper Head Golf Clubs

2004

Question #1. I have an old set of very valuable BeCu (Beryllium Copper) golf clubs. I am looking for a method to quickly restore the old Patina look without damaging the painted heads of the clubs? What method should I use?

Question #2. I have an old set of Beryllium Copper irons that require to have the old Patina removed. What method should I use that will not damage the painted heads of the clubs.

Tom H [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
Hobbyist - Bend, Oregon, U.S.

2005

Tom:

I just read your post. I too have a set of beryllium copper head clubs (Golfsmith 1-PW, 52 & 60 W and 3 drivers). What I do after every 4 to 5 rounds is wash them in mild soapy water and then soak them in regular Coke-Cola (1 hour or better - even overnight). It works great. I also 3 or 4 times a year polish them with a product called Nevr-Dull [affil. link to product info on Amazon]. I hope this works for you.

Roger L [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

2006

For the copper (beryllium) irons to clean with a bit of finger nail polish remover does the trick! If you are a professional polisher the best method is the rotary polisher mate! See you at the Copper Canyon!

ERIC A [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- LAS VEGAS, Nevada

Use White Vinegar. Let them soak in the vinegar for 10 to 20 minutes, and brush them with a soft brush. If you want to restore the shine, you will need to buff them on a high speed buffer with soft compound, and wipe them to a shine.

David
Tampa, Florida

finishing.com is possible thanks to our supporting advertisers, including this one:

CMLSbanner