-----

"Passivation Standards"

1999

I'm trying to understand the development of standards in the area of passivating stainless steel.

I'm been told that QQ-P-35C [link is to free spec at Defense Logistics Agency, dla.mil] has been cancelled and is being replaced by ASTM A967 / A967M [affil. link to spec at Techstreet] -96. Also, Mil-F-14072 [affil. link to spec at Techstreet], E300 directly calls up ASTM A380 [link is to the practice at TechStreet] . I have then been told that A 380 and A 967-96 might merge, so perhaps another standard will be created?

Can anyone kindly verify / counterclaim my understandings?

Thanks alot,

Bob

Bob Elliot
- Orland Park, Illinois, USA
^

1999

Bob, We have doing a lot of Passivating, Over the last couple of years, Some of the changes that have happen is that

1. QQ-P-35 was cancelled then for some reason ( probably confusion) AMS picked up the same spec Lists it as AMS QQ-P-35

2. ASTM A967 / A967M [affil. link to spec at Techstreet] spec is still in effect as been in the last couple of years and it is soon to be revised just to confuse things even more -- chris

Chris Snyder
plater - Charlotte, North Carolina
^

1999

Bob, be careful with the type of work you're doing for QQ-P-35 The spec has been supeceeded by ASTM 967 or AMSQQP35. If you are performing military and aerospace work you have to use the AMS specification which is identical to the original QQ-P-35. Only the controlling publisher has changed to SAE. The ASTM 967 was written to take the place of QQ-P-35, but has lost some of its power with the release of the SAE AMS spec. I haven't heard any gossip on the formation of a new spec (ASTM)

Tim Martin
plating shop - Springfield, Massachusetts
^

1999

Bob ASTM A967-96 Is the replacement for QQ-P-35C if your process conforms to QQ-P-35C it might be that your process is conforms to the new standard .The new ASTM A967-96 Is not focused in the process solution but in the process results and requirements which are similar to the previous standards. Yours,

yehuda blau
Yehuda Blau
YB Plating Engineering and Quality - Haifa Israel
^

2001

Where can I get QQ-P-35 (Type 11.) and Mil-A-8625 [link is to free spec spec at Defense Logistics Agency, dla.mil] (Type I, Class II )? I want to know the meaning/content of these two spec.

I'm located in China, but I need to make some components with this U.S. Spec.

Appreciate your response.

James

James Wang
Shanghai, P.R.China
^

2000

Does the new ASTM A967-96 spec use the same "types" and "classes" as the QQ-P-35?

T. Garber
- USA
^

2003

I'm confused with letter #2604, for to do a passivation treatment a stainless steel, should you use specification # MIL-F-14072-E300 or use AMS QQ-P-35.

Hugo Gonzalez
- Houston, Texas
^

this site made possible by ...