topic 22762p2

Uses for "Blue Stone" copper sulfate

1       2

Q. What is bluestone, and can I give it to my husband who has a sex problem (too much libido)?

Please help, or give me advice on something else.

Lindie B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Mpumalanga witbank, South Africa

A. Bluestone is inedible, Lindie! Although it would probably make him nauseous enough to lose interest, it could do serious damage or kill him; PLEASE don't give it to him unless you are trying to poison him.

Sorry, "something else" to try is not within my area of knowledge. But FYI, we have a thread on-line here from a British fabricator inquiring about the best way to polish the stainless steel on his line of high security chastity belts for men. If you maintain control of the key, the problem is certainly solved, although perhaps not much to your husband's liking :-)

Q. I'm very interested in getting some blue stone crystal rocks. I grew up with sand sores and my grandmother put bluestone in water then rubbed it all over me and it healed. My mother loved her for that because when I scratched sores they would make more but my Grandmother came to the rescue. RIP Grandma.

Kimestry Jackson
- Marietta, Georgia, USA

thumbs up sign  Ted Mooney, you keep cracking me up. Fun posting to read; learned a lot too.

Marly French
- Byrnes Mill, Missouri

Thanks very much Marly. I'm from the electroplating industry and our "patron saint" Michael Faraday once remarked:

"Though to all true philosophers, science and nature will have charms innumerable in every dress, yet I am sorry to say that the generality of mankind cannot accompany us one short hour unless the path is strewn with flowers."

I am no philosopher, just part of that generality of mankind -- so anything this site can do to amuse the readers and myself is embraced. Thanks for patronizing this site, thus helping me hold the world's best job :-)

! I bought a bag of it at a Chinese herb shop. They said the Asians still use it; they rub it on their skin for various things: it's good for wrinkles, it tightens skin, it's antibacterial and I use it for warts. I didn't know what it was at first but I bought it because it was so pretty and then she told me what it was! :)

I read they use it for nail fungus with horses. I soaked my feet in it and my toenails turned like green glass and it killed all the fungus. It kind of burns but it's very effective. You can scrape a mole off and rub the bloody spot with it and it will usually get rid of it. It's like it burns it, burns it off. I do believe it should be used very sparingly. It makes your toenails very pretty though, haha. :))

I had a mole I wanted to burn off but ended up scraping it and then I thought I'd rub it with copper sulfate and it was like it burned it. It turns it bluish-black and it just kills everything there and forms a good scab. To the people wondering about toothache; Cloves. Used like chewing tobacco but you can swallow it. The active ingredient kills and removes all plaque and can heal small cavities.

JOHN CRANE
- Newcastle Washington United States

! As a boy growing up in Jamaica, I always had cuts and scrapes. My uncle kept a regular supply of "BLUE STONE" which he would crumble a pinch on the wound, and then send me to swill off excess under the tap. That's when all hell broke loose as my screaming could be heard all around the village -- but within a few days, wound was almost healed.

I can vouch for "BLUE STONE"

Hugh

Hugh Watkis
Retired Fitter - St. Ann- Jamaica

I'm 64 and last year (2014) I developed a Bella Carsinoma on my ear and confirmed by my doctor. To remove is was to do surgery with a "flap technique." It was the about half the size of a dime.

I have used Blue Stone for 30 years for ulcers.

I figured why not give it a try for this. First I applied a product called Freeze in a small yellow bottle used for wart removal. My objective was to create a paste for the Blue Stone. After I applied it, I dabbed a little more Blue Stone onto the spot. Then I applied a band-aid. Remarkably, it removed the cancer and healed beautifully.

It took about 14 days to do the job. I cleaned the spot every few days with hydroperoxide. One application did it. It turned brown and crusted over in about 24 hours. I suppose that was a scab forming.

Maybe I was lucky, but it sure worked and I did not have to have surgery.

stephen Cheek
- Kosciusko, Mississippi USA

----
Ed. note: Again, the editor of this site is a plating equipment engineer, not a doctor. We are unqualified to encourage or discourage the ideas you read here. Our editorial policy is simply that if a posting doesn't violate our proscriptions against advertising, spamming, ad hominem attacks, or profanity, we post it; we don't censor people or the marketplace of ideas.

! I use Blue Stone in a mix to treat rain scauld, insect bites, QLD itch, on horses. Blue stone with olive oil, swift, Vetadine, Sulen Blue can be added as well. You wash horse, apply mix like a shampoo, scrub all over, leave on for 20 min, and then rinse off. Great for getting coat ready for showing. Also feed garlic in feed to prevent insects and help coat shine. Sorry white horses turn green! Have to dilute and use more frequently on white horses.

Pekita Pryor
- goldcoast QLD Australia

September 8, 2016 -- this entry appended to this thread by editor in lieu of spawning a duplicative thread

Q. Sir,

Bleach/chlorine keeps coming up on my search for a killer/disinfectant/sterilizer of bacteria/fungus/viruses.

Particularly I'm seeking to eradicate the fungus that has cultured under and on my nails.

Basically I'm at a point of information overload. And my objective is desperate. Living with "crusty" nails is no fun.

There are worst things that I can think of however. However, my concern is my toe nails. I want them to return to a healthy equilibrium.

Aside from all the possible health concerns associated with my condition is beyond my inquiry. All I ask is your thoughtful analysis of what product/concentration of bleach/other, etc., per se, would be a possible positive direction for solution.

I accept the inherent risks that this inquiry entails. All I ask is for your sensible contribution to what "does" in theory kill such fungus, whether in the body or outside the body, directly or indirectly (e.g. hospital equipment).

Thank you and may you be find inspiration to reply what could possibly be the answer, even it be informative in general terms.

Amber Marty
- Hilo, Hawaii, USA

A. Hi Amber. We appended your inquiry to a thread about blue stone (copper sulphate) because it addressed your issue in the tone you seek.

I have a couple of occasionally white toe nails which respond overnight to simple over the counter application of antibiotics like Bacitracin or Neosporin (apparently mild cases are sometimes bacteria rather than fungus?). As a teenager with athlete's foot I recklessly soaked in rather strong hot bleach and solved the problem, so I think bleach is pretty good at killing fungus, although they say toenail fungus is tougher because the nails protect it. I can't see your objection to the pharmaceutical industry's solution of ingesting a $14 pill each day for 12 weeks and seeing whether it works out and what side effects hit you :-)

As you probably discovered, there are countless youtube videos on the subject of bleach as a fungus treatment.

Luck and Regards,

thumbs up signEureka!! I had been searching for what Bluestone is for a number of years. I inherited a piece in a jar that was my grandmothers. (She died in 1981.) I was told it was medicinal & poisonous. My mom's handwritten note said it "only eats sore part,not healthy tissue". My mom told me you rub it on a sore.
I had been looking up copper sulfate for an unrelated reason & am so happy that I stumbled across this page.
Thank you everyone for the insights!

Sandra Stocks
- Cincinnati Ohio, USA

Q. When I was a little girl ever time I got in the tub to take a bath when I would get out I would itch all over my grandmother would use a pail with water and place this big blue Stone in It water would turn blue and she would wash me down. I would like to find some blue Stone, where can I find It?

Annet Williams
- Augusta Georgia

A. Hi Annet. I am not advocating your grandmother's idea, but bluestone is copper-sulphate pentahydrate (CuSO4.5H20) and it's available everywhere as a root and algae killer. Every pool store and farm store has it, and it's available on line too.

thumbs up sign Very interesting forum! Thought I would throw out another use for Bluestone. My grandfather would mix bluestone water and paint the trunks of pecan trees to ward off web worms. Worked great. Don't know the recipe, but it was made from blue chips. He called it "bluestone water".

Hope this may be useful.
Best regards

Will Pritchard
- Ft McCoy, Florida

thumbs up sign When I was a student midwife way back in the middle 1960's we were taught to use 'blue stone' on the umbilical cord that had become brown and sticky taking care not to touch the healthy skin. Worked a treat! Luckily I kept my stone!

Diana Chalmers
- Highlands Scotland

A. It's an interesting discussion. See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimicrobial_properties_of_copper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_toxicity

And of course, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper(II)_sulfate

Obviously there are times, even with the human body, where the best treatment is a little bit of poison applied locally.

I'm much more accustomed to the industrial uses of copper sulfate solutions, usually some form of testing for stainless steel.

ray kremer

Q. I was wondering if having a pinch of copper sulphate in your coffee every day would have any effects. a Friend suggested it saying that it helps with her skin problems ( must mention that her very bad skin has improved dramatically.) I am just not sure if she should continue doing it. Sounds to me like it could be unhealthy in the long term?

Santi Erasmus
- White River, South Africa

A. Santi Erasmus,

I can't vouch for the various folk medicine uses for copper sulfate, though from the stories here it sounds like it's done as a topical application on skin and infection sites.

Ingesting it is definitely bad, as putting copper into your body is toxic. Please check the web sites I linked to above, in October.

ray kremer