-----

Worth of 1995 w American silver eagle?

2003

Q. I have recently acquired a collection of coins bought directly from the U.S. mint. I have a 1995"W" American silver eagle, which is in the round plastic cover, and has a mirror finish. I have noticed on the back of the coin that a pin like puncture was on the plastic and must have also touched the coin. Now I see a stain the size of Two of this dots. Right below the Eagle, but not touching it. The entire coin is beautiful, except for that little dot. I have brought it to a coin dealer, and he has changed the plastic cover, and he told me there is nothing that he could do. Is there something that I can do to fix it or treated so it won't get worse?

Mario Vaccaro
- Albany, New York, U.S.A.

2004

A. You are pretty well roached with this coin. You will be lucky to get half it's value at this point. One solution is to have it professionally cleaned and graded, but again you are roached at 50% or less value. Overall all I would have to say that this important coin will now not be paid the price. Hopes this helps!

Jimmy Thomas
- Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA

2004

A. Put the coin on E-Bay .

Describe it as accurately as you can and let the buyer decide what it is worth to him/her.

Thomas Remisoski
- Taylor, Michigan, U.S.A.

How can I remove fingerprints on American Eagle silver coin

Q. I have a very nice 1 Troy OZ .999 FINE American Silver Eagle. I noticed some finger prints, and I am wondering how to take them off. And are fingerprints the same as silver Tarnish?

Allen Zheng
Hobbyist - New York, NY, USA

A. Silver tarnish is silver sulfide, the result of the silver surface reacting with airborne sulfur.

Fingerprints are skin oils.

I'm sure you can clean the fingerprints from your coins the same way you would clean them off a glass window.

Silver Polish Cloth

Affil. Link
Your purchases make finishing.com possible

ray kremer

A. Remove it with special silver polishing cloth. Human sweat is corrosive,grease too. Hope it helps and good luck!

- Cerovski vrh Croatia