-----

Removing black antiquing from a gold ring

2003

Q. I have an 18K gold ring that has black antiquing in all the nooks and crannies. I really do not like it, and would like to remove it. Does anybody know what I can soak my ring in to remove the black antiquing without destroying the ring? I have access to lots of chemicals, but don't know what to use. Thanks!

Tom Seitz
- Boston, Massachusetts

<

"How to Clean, Repair, and Restore Your Jewelry"

Affil. Link
Your purchases make finishing.com possible

2003

Q. Hi there!

I'm also interested in removing antiquing from gold. Did you ever learn what works to remove it safely?

Cheryl Whitten
- Chicago, Illinois, USA

2006

A. Dip the jewelry in Cutex overnight and use a toothbrush to get the black out. . . Cutex is fingernail polish remover.

Brandon Vaguhn
- Charleston, South Carolina

adv.:    Discover the choice made by manufacturers
nationwide for high quality jewelry plating & finishing

red sky plating banner