-----

How can I build a "hot" oxide system?

2003

First let me thank the people who have constructed this site! My name is Ken Zayler. I own a small CNC machine shop in Alabama. I'm trying to cold oxide or hot oxide my machined parts. I've read some of the disadvantages of both and I'm still leaning toward "hot" oxide.

The question I'm asking would be. How do I build this type of system myself? Is there anyone who could lend a hand with technical support? I know there are companies that sell these systems, but there out of my price range, and this economy isn't helping any! please feel free to contact me if you could help or have a new or used system that could be purchased cheaply? I will need all chemicals and specification or know how for this process. Emails are welcome. but please pertain to this subject. I will pass on any information or help I can to others!

Thanks in advance!

Kenneth M. Zayler
- Alabaster, Alabama

2003

Ken,

First off, I'm clueless about your 'oxide' system ... and the only reason I'm approaching you is that if you can tell me What are your chemicals and What are your max. temperatures so that, perhaps, I can advise you re plastics, i.e., the corrosion resistant type.

Most of the corrosion resistant plastics are excellent in oxidizing scenarios. But temperature is a factor !

Freeman Newton [dec]
(It is our sad duty to advise that Freeman passed away

2003

Freeman Newton,

I'm sorry about the long awaited response! I wasn't really sure how to get back to this site to answer any question or to see any responses. I have been contacted by several well informed technical people in this field from the letter I posted. It seems the temperature is somewhere in the 290 degree range which throws plastic tubs out of the game. I hope this helps? I'm still waiting for one of the contacts to get back from his vacation to hear more about this process.

Ken Zayler
tooling & manufacturing - Pelham, Alabama