-----

Spray paint that gives anodized look?

2003

I saw a spray paint that gave the look of anodized aluminum to any surface. Does anybody know the name of the product of where I can buy it? On the reverse side, how much would a typical anodizing treatment cost for a mid-tower aluminum computer case?

Ted Jensen
- West Allenhurst, New Jersey

"Anodize look" paint

Affil. Link
Your purchases make finishing.com possible

2003

There are more paints than we could imagine, Ted. I just saw a magazine ad, for example, for Rustoleum's "American Accents" series, which includes a stone look, leather look, green patina look, rust look, and a bunch more. But here's some "anodize-look" paint .

2003

Hi!

The spray paint you're looking for is made by Eastwood.

You can buy it online, or at some automotive parts stores. I've seen this used on my brother's drum kit. He used red over the chrome, and after 20 years (NO KIDDING!) it looks brand new.

Also, a friend of ours used it on his car's chromed parts (chrome strips, wheels, etc.) in gold. It never chipped, peeled, or faded, but the gold turned out more of a bright yellow color instead of the gold it was supposed to be. Anyways, this stuff is VERY durable and striking in appearance. Far as I know they have red, blue, and gold at this time.

One can *should* finish your speakers. Cans run about $8.95 each.

Best Wishes,

Tegan O [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Oak Harbor, Washington, USA

Ed. note: We don't see these Eastwood translucent finishes as standalone spray cans anymore, but as batches of powder for their Hotcoat system =>