-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry
no popups, no spam
HomeFAQsBooksHelpWantedsForum letter 18960
Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing.

Polyethylene fusion butt weld ANSI/AWS drawing symbol


Would anybody happen to know how to specify an ANSI/AWS weld symbol for a "fusion butt weld" for welding two High Density Polyethylene pipes together for a fabrication drawing ?

Thanx in advance,

Manuel Nevarez
Westinghouse - Carlsbad, NM



I don't think that such a symbol exists at all.

But for a fusion joint you would need space in order to use the fusion tool or fusion machine, very little for 3" dia. but quite a lot for 5 feet dia. !

What suppliers of HDPE fusion pipe do is just to write down 'weld' or 'fusion weld' ... anyhow, just where the joint goes is determined most times by the pipe lengths, ie. 20' or 40' lengths.

Worry not ... or invent your own symbol.

freeman newton portrait
Freeman Newton
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada

(It is our sad duty to
advise that Freeman passed away
April 21, 2012. R.I.P. old friend).

ADD a Q or A to THIS thread START a NEW THREADView This Week's HOT TOPICS

Disclaimer: It is not possible to diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations may be deliberately harmful.

  If you need a product/service, please check these Directories:

JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices

©1995-2017     -    Privacy Policy
How Google uses data when you visit this site.