REPLACEMENT FOR ACID HYDROFLUORIC (HF)

2002

Hi, currently I looking for HF replacement for my industrial use due to the toxicity of the HF. The HF is used to clean-up the glass. Anyone can suggest to me the replacement for the HF with same strength acid.

Lance Lim
Samsung - Malaysia

2002

dear lim,

u can find some fluoride based dry acid salts in the market which are successfully running alternate to HF with mixture of some other acids which are not so hazardous. but you have to work out on the effulent.

hope this helps

regards

qutub

qutubuddin
metachem - u.a.e

2003

My answer to everything, ammoniun persulfate+sodium fluoride. It will etch almost anything including glass when mixed strong enough. Maybe you can try it for yourself.

Jeff Swayze
- Kelowna, B.C., Canada