Antique brass statue with green corroding patches to be restored without altering the antique look

2002

I have an antique brass statue which is very large & heavy. It has developed green deposits that seems to be corroding in the statue. I do not know how to remove this green stuff @ still keep the antique look. All the products that the stores have suggested can make the brass shine this will ruin the looks of the statue. I can not replace this statue & can not carry it to any specialty shops as it is very heavy. The statue is that of one of our Goddesses & is very precious to us sentimentally. If someone can guide me as to how to remove this green eroding patches on the statue without changing its antique look, I would immensely appreciate it.

Thanking you, Sincerely,

Ela B Bhimani
- Santa Ana, California, USA

2003

Try Icralac (Acryloid B44+benzotriazole,special lacquer for copper -- USA product)! Goran Budija
- Zagreb,Croatia