Cost of iridium

2002

I NEED TO KNOW THE COST OF IRIDIUM? IT DOESN'T MATT HOW MUCH, JUST THE COST OF IT FOR ANY AMOUNT. BUT PUT THE AMOUNT, THE COST WILL PAY FOR.

CARISSA [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- LEX, Kentucky, USA

2002

Carissa, my current Aldrich Chemical catalog offers a 7.6 gram slug, about 6 mm diameter, 12 mm length, for a mere $214.80. This sale may not last, so get yours now!

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist

sidebar 2002

Hope you are not trying to pull rice with iridium the first time in the history of USA. That's been going on in India for a while !

Mandar Sunthankar
- Fort Collins, Colorado

2002

Carissa, please do not get on the school bus with any iridium in your pocket. Our friends in India have also claimed it causes them to stop running.

anodizer - Idaho

hey look, I'm into body building and everywhere I look people sell wrist weights filled with sand their bulky they look poorly and I think can be pretty uncomfortable.. anyway I've been doing a little research looking for "heavy metals" or as wikipedia says "toxic metals" :P ... anyway I want to mould say 5-10 kg of metal on each wrist obviously with a latch on to get them off without hassle, using sand for this kind of weight would be kinda impossible unless my arms is supposed to look like a balloon id love to buy iridium, but I'm not that rich so any help or advice would be appreciated I was thinking stainless steel but I'm unsure of its size weight ratio compared to sand (as an example) anyway thanks for your time and thoughts

Cheers
Chris

Chris J
- Australia NSW

Hi, Chris. Iridium is far too costly to be practical for that. Brass, bronze, silver, or stainless steel would be better. Or even plain steel with a plastic coating. You could market ball bearings that people pour into their cloth bands instead of sand.

You can google for the "density" or "specific gravity" of different materials. Good luck.

Can sumone tell me about the exact price of 1 gram of iridium? Please,Its important.I need to know the price of it soon!

Sanjay Kumar
- Madurai,Tamilnadu, India

Hi, Sanjay. There are lots of internet sites with daily spot prices on iridium and other metals like www.taxfreegold.co.uk/iridiumpricesusdollars.html

But it is less expensive than gold, so don't let any "rice-pulling coin" scammers tells you it's worth millions :-)

Thanks a lot!

Sanjay Kumar
- Madurai,Tamilnadu,India