Seeking Information on "TURCO" cleaning products

2001

Looking for "TURCO" metal cleaning processes. Need ordering information for Turco cleaners.

Tom Andersen
- Baltimore, Maryland

2002

Please help me~ I don't know where else to turn. I have scoured the web and get no results. I am hoping you gentlemen will know what I can do and where to turn. I have a very old home and it came with alot of "junk". While cleaning the garage I discovered 5 drums (125 lbs each) of Turco Decon. The numbers on the drums are 4182-A, 0191065, and S/N 38-1305-111. I looked at the Turco website, I searched autochem. I have called my local haz-waste (they are out until Tuesday). For goodness sakes I just want to know what this stuff IS. Please, if you know anything I will be checking for replies .

Turco drum

Thanks guys :)

J Kaser
- Kennewick, Washington

2002

Don't panic, J.; it's not radioactive and it won't bite you. Keep the lid on it, and the kids and the dog away from it.

The Turco name is now part of the Henkel Americas product line. What you probably ought to do is contact Henkel through the Turco website and request a data sheet and an MSDS so you know exactly what you are dealing with. Hopefully a local metal finishing shop will purchase this material from you for $1, which should relieve you of responsibility for it.

However, if no progress is made, contact your real estate lawyer, as this material may be considered a hazardous material that should not have been left on the property. You do not want to be responsible for disposal if no buyer is found.