Electrostatic spraying with water borne paint
What kind of modification needed if switching from solvent based paint to water borne in electrostatic disc spraying?Jfsiah
- Sungai Buloh, Malaysia
I only can answer in general terms but probably a lot:
- Not all disc systems -esp. the older ones -are capable of spraying waterbourne paint,
- Insulate the whole paint feed system, including paint drums. If you work out of a central paint feed system a break system will be needed,
- Be sure of having sufficient safety distances to earthed parts,
- Check the HV-generator. At spraying waterbourne you will need more milliamp's current. Is your HV gen. capable of supplying this?
- Enschede, The Netherlands
May I have an update of this question from 2002.
"What kind of modification needed if switching from solvent based paint to water borne in electrostatic disc spraying?
private - Thailand
If you have a question in mind which seems off topic, please Search the Site