Questions about start-up of DM plant

2002

How do I start up a DM plant for the first time. The cations I have are in 'Duolite C10-H' form and the anions are in 'Duolite A101D-Cl' form. The raw water available to me is of 800 ppm CaCO3 TDS. Can I mix caustic with this water and bring about anionic resin form change from Cl to OH. Are there any precautions I need to take.

Mandar Khandekar
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

2005

what is DM water?

what action taking place in cation? what action take place in anion exchanger?

vasant nilkanth sathe
- Mumbai ,Maharashtra, India

Wastewater Engineering

2005

DM is Mandar's abbreviation for demineralizer. Cation exchangers exchange H+ for whatever cationic contaminant is in the water; anionic exchangers exchange OH- for whatever anions are in the water.

Unfortunately, though, I can't answer Mandar's question :-)