Anodized material like heatsinks

1998

We are interested in :
different sizes of aluminum sheets (anodized) or etched surface special frame of aluminum like used for heatsinks or something else.

Werner Jager
Aquilizer Electronics, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Florida

1998

The last few words of your post were slightly mushed up somehow--hope I didn't misquote you too badly, and misstate your question. Many mid-sized heatsinks are made of extruded aluminum; I'm not sure if you have been seeing aluminum extrusions and thought they were etched to shape. But yes, after fabrication they are usually anodized and dyed. Usually you would buy the extrusions from an aluminum house, and send them out for anodizing. Get back to me if I have totally misunderstood your question.

1998

Hi, Werner,

It sounds you are tring to make heat-pipes for computers or other elctronic devices by means of the anodized aluminum with porous surface structure. I believe this is really an innovative idea. I have the same interest. I realaized only type III anodizing in sulfuric acid solution or anodizing in phosphoric acid solution might provide the functions required for heat-pipes. The problem is that anodized aluminum usually acts as thermal insulators rather than thermal conductors.

Ling Hao
- Grand Rapids, Michigan

1998

Hi Guys

Thanks for the hint with the regular heatsink and the heat-pipes. The question means original to cool a special ozone tube for a constant ozone delivery. Our solution was to change the technologie but we are still in the developing process.

Werner Jager
electronics - Fort Lauderdale, Florida