World's #1 on-line resource since 1989

-----

STATUE SEALER

2002

I HAVE A LARGE CEMENT DOG THAT IS GOING TO BECOME A GRAVESTONE IT WILL BE EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS AND I NEED ADVISE ABOUT A SEALER FOR IT. IT HAS A SLIGHTLY PAINTED SURFACE. PLEASE HELP ME WITH YOUR ADVISE. THANK YOU

MARILYN LEBEL
- COLUMBIA, Connecticut, USA

2002

Marilyn,

Personally I haven't the slightest clue BUT would suggest that you approach a museum for some help.

At the Aetheneum in Athens, they are constantly upgrading the columns etc using modern materials. Am not sure but I think they were using vinyl compounds.

As your 'dog' already has been painted, I guess you'd need to preclean PROPERLY in order that any paint will adhere. Whatever you do, ensure you use a good U.V. resistant paint as it would be a doggone shame if you didn't !

Freeman Newton [dec]
(It is our sad duty to advise that Freeman passed away