Seeking plans on how to build a automotive spray booth

2002

Q. I am seeking plans on how to build a automotive spray booth, preferably side draft.

Thank you for your time and help.

Eddie h Sills
- Midland, Texas

2004

I was wanting to know if you ever found out a good way to make a spray booth?

T.J. Frohliger
- BLOOMINGTON, Indiana, USA

2004

A. There are dozens of articles with pieces of this information available which a literature search of the technical journals serving the painting and metal finishing industry will reveal. But here in NJ, where the regulators understandably want fugitive emissions testing, you might spend more extra money on paperwork for a D-I-Y booth than you'd save by building it yourself. How about a used paint booth? That would have to be cheaper than anything you could make yourself.

2005

Q. I'm a small time furniture manufacturer .I am interested in fabricating a paint booth req'd to paint my mdf components of the size of .75"*18"*36" max size of mdf panels. Please suggest me a design for a booth of max area of 5'*5'*5' size dry type having filter to maintain clean air at the exit & prevent pollution .

Thank You

Alex Behanan
Furniture manufacturer - Pune, Mah, India

Q. We have a crossdraft paint booth with just a water container at the bottom. We don't have a water curtain. During paint jobs, we start the exhaust fan. But, during this process the heat in the booth is too much. So, what should we do to make the paint booth environment suitable for the painter to stay in? Should we use an air- conditioner or anything else?

Swayanjeet Sorte
- Virar, Maharshtra, India