World's #1 on-line resource since 1989

-----

How are pennies made?

2002

I was having to do a paper for school and I had to write a question about pennies and then somehow find the answer. Well, my question was "How are pennies made?" I searched in encyclopedias and the internet and was unable to find the answer! I'm sure it was on the internet somewhere but I couldn't believe that I wasn't able to find it easily. I ended up changing my question to "What are pennies made of?" and right away found the answer. So, how DO they make pennies?

Rebekah

2002

Hi Rebekah,

The answer to your question can be found at the US Mint's website.

George Gorecki
- Naperville, Illinois

2002

See http://www.usmint.gov/faqs/circulating_coins/index.cfm?action=coins

Kai Lorcharoensery
- Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

help wanted ad
Plating Shop Manager [Salisbury, MD]
Junior Quality Engineer [Santa Clara, CA]
Plating Process Engineer [Wenatchee, WA]