World's #1 on-line resource since 1989

-----

Problem with thinner formulation

2002

Dear sir,

I am a chemical engineer. I have formulated a NC thinner which is very much suitable for wood finishing. but the problem is that it is not stable. After few days I am receiving complaints that it is sticks in the spray gun, initially it is not having problem.the following: acetone, toluene, IPA, methanol.

Awaiting your response as early as possible.

Biju G. Kutty
CHEMICALS - India

2002

I'd suspect the methanol as the culprit to your sticky problems. Are the spray guns cleaned before everybody goes home at the end of the night? I would think flushing the guns with a cleaning thinner, or Acetone [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] for that matter, would solve your problem.

Jake Koch
G. J. Nikolas &Co.,Inc.
Bellwood, Illinois
nikolas banner ad

Actually the NC thinner has add of normal butanol(NB). less methanol or acetone.

johnny lam.s.j
- sarawak, malaysia

I would like to know about lead-free thinner. Which solvents are lead free.

Jai Ahuja
- New Delhi, INDIA

I AM IN STICKER PRINTING LINE LOOKING FOR THINNER FORMULATION FOR MY OWN USE WITH PERCENTAGE OF EACH SOLVENT IN THE COMPOUND.REGARDS

RAMESH SHARMA
MFR - MUMBAI MAHARASHTRA INDIA

DEAR SIR,
NOW WE ARE PREPARING NC THINNER WITH ONE FORMULAE. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THIS FORMULATION IS VERY EXPENSIVE.SO PLEASE PROVIDE ME CHEAP FORMULATION FOR PRODUCING NC THINNER.

SREEJITH V
EMPLOYEE - DXB, Dubai, U.A.E.

Hi, Sreejith. What is it that makes it expensive. What is your formulation?

HELLO SIR.
I WANT TO START NEW BUSINESS TO PRODUCE AND SUPPLY FLUSHING THINNER FOR AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRIES. I WANT TO KNOW THE FORMULA FOR PREPARATION OF FLUSHING THINNER, AND ALSO WANT TO KNOW THE FORMULA OF OTHER THINNERS WHICH ARE USED IN AUTOMOBILE PARTS PAINTING.

ASHRUFALI KHAN
AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRIES - PUNE. MAHARASHTRA. INDIA

Q. Hello sir,
I have a question about nc thinner that some whitish thing is formed in the thinner. Can you please suggest some measures to remove this thing? I think this has happened because of the moisture, but I am not sure.
Would appreciate the answers.

Ravi Kumar
- Jalandhar, Punjab, India

help wanted ad
Plating Shop Manager [Salisbury, MD]
Junior Quality Engineer [Santa Clara, CA]
Plating Process Engineer [Wenatchee, WA]