-----

"Running New Powder Coating Plant"

We are going to start a new Powder Coating Plant next week. I want someone who could provide me the necessary checklists he might have in use for running & maintenance of the Plant.

KALEEM MUHAMMAD
- Mississauga, Canada
^

"A Practical Guide to Equipment, Processes and Productivity at a Profit"

Affiliate Link
(finishing.com earns commission on what you buy after clicking)

Why not call back in the consultant who helped you design and specify the plant? I'm sure s/he'll want to see how it's going :-)

Seriously, there are experts who can guide you through critical steps, list in our Consultants Directory and elsewhere. Good luck.

^

I don't know how things go at your side of the Atlantic - Ted's answer gives me the impression that all plants are build under guidance of consultants (?)- here in Europe a majority of plants is engineered and built without the input of any consultancy. In most cases this goes quite well, although I believe that a lot of plants would perform better, would have been cheaper etc. with a consultant involved. Suppliers normally sell their plants including "running and maintenance instruction". Nevertheless, we often have to conclude that these instructions don't go much beyond the level of "with this button you start the lot, and if you see a red light you have to call us"

In these situations -quite normal in our part of the world, reason why we are used to this kind of questions-, it is always important for the user to call in a consultant. See the consultants section of this site! They have the experience to bring your plant in short time to wanted level, thus saving costs.

Hoping to have been of any help, good luck.

Remmelt Bosklopper
Remmelt Bosklopper
- Enschede, The Netherlands
^

My response was somewhat tongue in cheek, Remmelt :-)

Sometimes consultants are used, mostly they're not. Sometimes when this step is skipped not only would the owner have been better off, but the supplier as well. In the U.S.A. we are a very litigious society, and a frighteningly high percentage of projects end up with the parties in court or the supplier offering "give backs" to the buyer.

^

Kaleem,

What type of powder system; automatic or manual?

Herb Ashley
- Smartt, Tennessee
^