-----

"Passivation of the Titanium"

I am working on the passivation of titanium product using 50% Nitric Acid. I would like to replace it with Citric Acid if possible. The question is: "Is it possible to do", if YES, at what concentration.

Gene Nadelson
- Brooklyn, New York
^

Gene:

Yes, it is possible to passivate your titanium with citric acid formulations. I am not familiar with using straight citric acid, only with proprietary formulations that we can't talk about here. I do not know if just citric acid alone will work. With proprietary formulations we have been able to remove all of the iron from the surface easily at concentrations of 5-10%. We would be happy to discuss this with you if you contact us.

lee kremer
lee kremer sig
Lee Kremer

^