-----

"Searching for antique elevator door pictures"

We have installed an elevator in our home...I have been searching for pictures of antique elevators in order for an artist that I know to paint and make my elevator door appear to be an old elevator...I know what I have in mind, I am just having a very difficult time with the research...I have looked for antique elevator doors, and pictures of antique elevator doors, plus many more...If anyone could help me with this project it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks so much...

Diane Dunagan
- Gainesville, Georgia, USA
^

Club 33 at Disneyland in Anaheim, CA has an exquisite antique elevator. Only members or invited guests are allowed inside the club. If you notify Disneyland management, perhaps they could send you a photograph. If they won't help you, you can email me. Our daughter and son-in-law have access to the club and perhaps they could help you.

My husband and I were so "taken" with the elevator, we're searching the internet in an attempt to purchase one and install it in our home. That's how I discovered your website.

Jennifer Garrett
- Yuma, Tennessee
^

In response to Diane Dunagan. Well, did you ever find any photos of old elevator doors. I too am in the market for an antique elevator for our home and am looking for resourses. I know the email was several years old, but am curious. Please respond.

Marti Bourjaily
- Durango, Colorado, USA
^

I HAVE A 1910 NON WORKING ELEVATOR THAT IS LOCATED IN A THREE STORY BUILDING THAT I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED. I HAVENT HAD A CHANCE TO DO TOO MUCH RESEARCH ON IT. IF STILL INTERESTED PLEASE NOTIFY ME.

CHARLES NEILL
- SUMTER, South Carolina
^

I'm looking for photo of the antique elevator doors too, and also the button panel, arm, or whatever operates it from the inside. Thanks.

Karen Brenner
- Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
^

2006

Del Coronado hotel in San Diego has beautiful working elevator.....you can probably get pictures of from them....

Kay Creech
- Stevnesville, Montana, USA
^

Hi there.... as some of the above people have similar ideas. If you have gotten answers could you please send them to me to help me out too! I bought a house a couple of years ago with an OLD wood front door that will get replace way down the road when I get a job (been laid off since last year). Anyhow, since I have the time with very little money ... I wanted to make a project with my front door. Maybe a little wacky...lol... but fun! I've been trying to find pics of old elevator doors to get my own ideas of how to paint the front door. Want an art deco look - maybe something from the 1920 to 1940s. If someone knows of a website or has a pic.... could you please let me know! Or if there is an old movie that you can give me the title to watch and get ideas would be awesome. Thanks for the help!

danielle brodzik

Best art deco escalators I've seen are in the Chrysler building in NY.
i found one photo on a google online search
Happy hunting

Bill Griffiths
- England
^