-----

"Simple Metal Plating"

I need information on how to do simple metal plating. I would like to be able to have a plating of each copper and silver. I will not be doing this experiment at home. It will be done in our Chemestry class under the supervision of the teacher. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Heidi Baas
- Bitely, Michigan
^

Do copper and zinc. Silver requires cyanide, which is out of the question for a high school lab. Go to our FAQs, follow the links, and you'll find how to do both.

^

Look in the FAQ section of finishing.com. There are suggested demos for science class there. It has a method for copper plating. I am not sure if silver plating is suitable for a class demo.

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan
^