-----

"Nickel plating flaking from revolver - would like to remove plating"

I recently purchased a nickel plated revolver in 38/357 caliber. After firing the first 6 shots, I was quite displeased to discover that the nickel plating had flaked off of the end of one of the cylinder bores, and the end of the muzzle. Is there any easy way to strip the nickel and copper from the cylinder and barrel to prepare it for blueing?

David Cone
- Lancaster, California, United States
^

I'd demand a new one and let the manufacturer worry about how to strip the old one. Nickel plating is not supposed to flake.

^

2006

I just Like to say I agree that you should go to the manufacturer on this issue on the Nickel flaking off.
I had mine for over 15 years and I lost track how many rounds I fired and not one chip in it or a flack or any discoloration.
A 357 friend......Gary

Gary Neff
- Wolcott, Connecticut
^