Polish a part in 316L MIM

I would like to know if there is a special technology or special methodology to polish a part in 316L MIM

How do I prepare the surface of the part if I want to avoid the defaults because of the porosity.

I'm sorry ... My English is very bad. I hope that you understand me.

Best regards.

TURCK [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
Switzerland

(1998)

Hello, Turck. I am confident that the suppliers of buff wheels and buffing compounds can make a detailed recommendation, and perhaps even send you case histories and samples. However, it probably takes many progressive steps to get from a raw part to a mirror finish; you can read some approaches by searching the site for "mirror finish stainless". Good luck.

(1998)

If the problem is related to the inherent porosity, it may be worth looking at the particle size distribution of the powder used in the MIM process. Finer particle size can increase the sintered density of the product,thus reducing porosity.

Peter A.Symons
metals - UK