Bright Spots On Satin Nickel Plating

Hi everybody,

We plate bathroom and kitchen faucets with pearl bright nickel and we use Enthone's "Pearlglazzusatz Elpelyt F". I have a big problem with this satin nickel process. After plating, on the surface of the parts some bright spots occur, these are look like tens of silver points.

I believe that it comes from the breakdown products of "Satine Brightener F". After the production period I filtered the bath solution completely from three serial connected filter system by using two "Siebec carbon type filter paper" on each filter plate.I made this operation two times by changing the filter papers but it didn't work.

Do you have any other opinion to solve these bright spots? If filtration is only solution which kind of filter system or method do you advice? Or are there any other opinion about this problem? Thank you for your help.

Kerem TOPCU
- Bozuyuk, BILECIK, TURKEY

Dear Kareem,

Initially I also faced same problem during my technical backup service ,here is the following points you have to take care after carbon filtration.

1. stop filtration during working
2. check movement it should not be very fast
3. p.h should be 4.1-4.4
4. density of solution 33 baume
5.vvv important when you add satinizer don't exceed more than 75 ml /1000 amps and mix this quantity of satinizer at least in 2 ltrs of dm water and beat it as we beat egg and after addition mix thoroughly your solution .
6. temp. 55 deg
7. add primary brightener or or additive no.1 or what ever your additives name at least 5-6 times of satinizer and also if black spots are there then add 50-75 ml more.

Hope these hints will be helpful for you all the best.

Qutubuddin Saify
- Dubai, U.A.E