Seeking Alodine replacement

I am rebuilding two airplane wings made of 2024-T3 alum. I am trying to find Alodine in the powder form. I was told that I could use Iridite 14-2 as a replacement. What is the difference between the chemical Alodine and Iridite 14-2. I am familiar with Alodine but not Iridite.

J. Rinehart
- Stockbridge, Georgia

Hi, J. The operation you are trying to perform is Mil-DTL-5541 [link is to free spec at Defense Logistics Agency, dla.mil] Chromate Conversion Coating. Alodine is a Henkel trade name for a product used for this, and Iridite is a Macdermid trade name. You can also obtain chemicals for chromate conversion coating from Chemetall and others. Good luck.