Touching up CBR F4i rims

I am in the process of polishing the rims on my '01 CBR F4i. Unfortunately there are a couple of places I need to touch up due to paint coming off in a couple of areas that I didn't want it to. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good touch-up paint that I could get that would match or be very close to the original stock color of the rims. Please let me know.

Chris Mckee
- Memphis, Tennessee USA

Here is a great alternative that I am working on for my self. I am having my rims powder coated to match the paint on my bike. I found a place that will do it for about 45 a rim will add a lot to the over all looks of the bike and turn some heads.

Todd Tillerson
- Salem, Oregon

There is little to no polishing necessary in 600f4i rims. Tape off the center part of the rim (the metal has a grainy texture and does not strip well. After taping around the center of the rim, use any good paint stripper to strip the paint off the rim. The aluminum is already polished and needs only minor buffing with a good aluminum polish to look great. No need to remove wheels. Just be careful not to sling the stripper when applying with a small paint brush. It will wipe right off with a rag in one to two minutes. I did 1/3 of the circumference of the wheel at a time - then applied the stripper to the next section. Also stripped the wheels on my son's 954 with similar results. You will love the look and so will everyone else. Have had many comment on my "custom" wheels!

John Wallingford
- Hallsville, Texas