How to formulate PVC Compounds

(2001)

Q. How to make PVC Cable Compound for AVSS automotive cable.

Rakesh Jain
- Delhi, India

A. Rakesh,

Any manufacturer (but not necessarily a supplier) of PVC resins should surely be able to help you and tell what 'additives' are needed for your cable compound ... so that all you'd have to do was to mix the PVC resin (Banbury type mixer?) with those ingredients to come up with a suitable and flexible compound.

Further, any competent extruder of PVC (profiles, pipe etc) would or should also know the answer.

Hope this helps!

A. Rakesh,

Start from the following formulation:

PVC S-70 or higher 100 phr
DIDP 40 "
Powder NBR 20 "
Stabilizer 6 "
Calcined Kaolin 10 "
Stearic Acid 1 "

I wait to hear you how this formulation works.

NASER SHAHABADI
- TEHRAN, IRAN

Q. Dear Sirs
How to make PVC compound for waterstop having a tensile strength of more than 13 MPa?

Alexander Barakeh
- Beirut, Lebanon

Handbook of Polyvinyl Chloride Formulating

Handbook of Vinyl Formulating

Q. I am with a PVC shrink film making company.
Please send how to make PVC shrink film compound or resin. Please send me the formula; I have no idea of this. I'd like to study this -- help me.

sisira

Sisira J [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Sri Lanka

junaid

Junaid N [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
packaging - karachi, Pakistan

Shrink Wrap

Hi Sisira., Most people won't really believe that you'd go into a business where you "have no idea" how to make the product you want to sell, and expect to learn how to make it from an internet posting. Whole books must be read to gain even a general idea of how to make such products.

We sympathize that you might be having a language difficulty in trying to get your idea across, but please try your best to describe in detail what you are presently doing, and in what ways it isn't meeting your needs; Thanks!

Hi Junai. Unfortunately, Sisira's posting received no responses in 3 years, and I don't think posting it again with just the name changed will gain a better result. Sorry, but best of luck.

PVC thin profile formulation

Q. Dear experts,

I'm going to enter PVC profile extrusion field as a new entrepreneur. I'm concerned about the formulation of PVC wall panels. I want to use up to 70% calcium carbonate, does it make sense? Can I use as much high level of filler in the formulation of thin wall PVC profiles?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Ameer Hamza
- Lahore Pakistan
br

Q. Hi. I am from Burma and making upvc windows with imported UPVC profiles from China. I have bought a CRUSHER AND SINGLE SCREW EXTRUDER. I make ELECTRIC CONDUIT PIPES 20 mm and 25 mm
First I crush the cut away pieces of window frames and profiles then I use extruder to convert it into electric conduit pipes. Unfortunately I cannot make the pipes' connections with same upvc crushed pieces, pipe connections require lower K Value. Can I mix with plasticiser to soften this UPVC powder of cut away pieces? Main thing is I want to utilize the cut away upvc profiles, making them into softer upvc. Kindly suggest.

Than Win
upvc windows - Rangoon, Burma(Myanmar)

Q. Hi
I want to start swr upvc pipe fitting. So I am confused about upvc compounding. If you have any idea of upvc fitting material mixing recipe please tell us.

Jemish patel
manufacturers - surat gujarat india