HomeFAQsBooksHelpWantedsForum letter 12123

How to formulate PVC Compounds

A discussion started in 2001 and continuing through 2017 . . .

(2001)

Q. How to make PVC Cable Compound for AVSS automotive cable.

Rakesh Jain
- Delhi, India

A. Rakesh,

Any manufacturer (but not necessarily a supplier) of PVC resins should surely be able to help you and tell what 'additives' are needed for your cable compound ... so that all you'd have to do was to mix the PVC resin (Banbury type mixer?) with those ingredients to come up with a suitable and flexible compound.

Further, any competent extruder of PVC (profiles, pipe etc) would or should also know the answer.

Hope this helps!

A. Rakesh,

Start from the following formulation:

PVC S-70 or higher 100 phr
DIDP 40 "
Powder NBR 20 "
Stabilizer 6 "
Calcined Kaolin 10 "
Stearic Acid 1 "

I wait to hear you how this formulation works.

NASER SHAHABADI
- TEHRAN, IRAN

Q. Dear Sirs
How to make PVC compound for waterstop having a tensile strength of more than 13 MPa?

Alexander Barakeh
- Beirut, Lebanon

Handbook of Polyvinyl Chloride Formulating

Handbook of Vinyl Formulating

Q. I am with a PVC shrink film making company.
Please send how to make PVC shrink film compound or resin. Please send me the formula; I have no idea of this. I'd like to study this -- help me.

sisira

Sisira J [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Sri Lanka

junaid

Junaid N [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
packaging - karachi, Pakistan

Shrink Wrap

Hi Sisira., Most people will disbelieve that you'd pick a business to go into where you "have no idea" how to make the product :-)

We sympathize that you may be having a language difficulty in getting your idea across, but please try your best to describe in detail what you are presently doing, and in what ways it doesn't meet your needs because whole books must be read to gain the general idea of how to make such products. Thanks!

Hi Junai. Unfortunately, Sisira's posting received no responses at all in 3 years, and there is no reason to expect that just repeating it without adding a word of your own will gain a better result. Sorry, but best of luck.

PVC thin profile formulation

Q. dear experts

I m going to enter PVC profile extrusion field as a new entrepreneur. I'm concerned about the formulation of PVC wall panels. I want to use up to 70% calcium carbonate, does it make sense? can I use as much high level of filler in the formulation of thin wall PVC profiles?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Ameer Hamza
- Lahore Pakistan