Screen printing Electroless nickel Plating

I have a job requiring the screen printing of aluminium castings which have been electroless nickel plated with a satin finish.The paint originally specified for this job is no longer available. Other products to not fully adhere to the plating. Can anyone recommend any treatment of the plating which would permit good adhesion or a different type of paint. The surface of the plating cannot be abraded because that would destroy the finish.

Michael Jeremy Hacking
- Lancashire, England

When you say paint, I think you are referring to a silkscreen ink. Make sure your part is completely clean of any oils after plating. Vapor degreasing works great. I would recommend a two part epoxy. Dexter-Hysol out of Chicago carries many varieties that can be successful. Also, are you baking after screening? If not, you may want to consider it. I have seen it work both ways, oven cure and air dry.

TED NOVOTNE
HIAWATHA METALCRAFT INC. - MPLS, MN, USA

Pls help, I need propriety of electroless nickel, urgently.

Peerapan Pongsil
SNR System (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. - Thailand