Suitable metal plating for phosphorus bronze

What kind of metal plating should I use for Phosphorus bronze? How to ensure that a smooth surface finish is obtained after plunging the metal parts into desirable shapes?

Lau Shir Ling

You can plate them with any metal you want. I don't understand your question of what you should plate them with. After you have fabricated the parts, and before plating them, they may need mechanical finishing; you may get some micro-leveling from nickel plating, but in general you can't really count on the plating process smoothing the parts.

I use Nickel plating on phosphor bronze which are used as contacts on my plating tanks.

Khozem Vahaanwala
Khozem Vahaanwala
Saify Ind supporting advertiser
Bangalore, Karnataka, India

saify logo

Dear Sir,

My First Question is: Is nickel plating followed by gold plating onto phosphorous bronze gives you the best plating?

My Second Question is: So the only way to ensure the smoothness of the surface of metal plating is to undergo a mechanical finishing prior to metal plating?

Lau Shir Ling